It’s time for this week’s…
Given all the DIY projects we are currently working on and have planned, I thought it would be fun to ask you about your projects and how you budget yourself.
1. Do you stick to a budget when you are working on a project?
For us, the answer is definitely yes! Nick does a great job at pricing things out so we know when we can afford to start something new.
2. If you answered yes to question one, what do you do to make sure you stay on track with spending?
We keep a spreadsheet/wish list of the different projects we want to tackle. Nick figures out how much each would cost and we also have them listed in order of priority. When we have extra spending money, we look to our list and see what’s next!
3. Have you ever gone over your planned budget on a project?
I would be lying if I said we never went over budget, but usually we are pretty darn close. Usually, we end up spending more if there was something we forgot, or if we run out of supplies.
4. What DIY project are you most proud of in your home?
For me, I would say that one of my favorites is the basement of our house. Nick finished our basement (it was gutted when we moved in!) and it really looks great after all the work we’ve done.
5. What is the best part about budgeting for your DIY projects?
I think that it can be fun to set a budget and try to stay at or below the set cost. It is a cool challenge and nice to see all that we are able to do ourselves without hiring help.
I am looking forward to seeing your answers!